jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ahmed Elshereay" <AElsher...@idc.com>
Subject Re: onEvent() invocation
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:04:49 GMT
Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Well, at the begining I configured the listeners with the sessionFactory
bean in the spring's applicationContext.xml.
Then I installed jackrabbit-jca on jboss, and I don't know how to
configure spring to obtain the session(hope if you can help me in this it
will be perfect because I'd like to use spring to look after all that
stuff although I know it's not the point to talk about here), so I created
my own class that has getSession() and registerListeners() methods.

I also created ObservationUtil.java class to registerListener() and check
isRegisteredListener().

And because I don't want to configure all listeners with all their
properties in one place, I did the following:

1. Created an EventListenerProperties class which is just a POJO with all
properties needed for the observationManager() method.
2. Created a CustomEventListener interface that extends the EventListener
interface and has some extra methods, for now the important method to
mention here is buildEventListenerProperties() method that need to be
implemented by sub classes so that each CustomEventListener implementation
will have its own properties embedded.
3. Created MyNodeAddedListener1 and MyNodeAddedListener2 that implements
the CustomEventListener interface.

Please find here with attached the code each in a separate file.