jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <TorIv...@arrive.no>
Subject SV: Jackrabbit on Glassfish: Exception when registering as JNDI resource jcr/Jackrabbit
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:00:01 GMT
> The DummyInitialContextFactory included in Jackrabbit can only handle
> simple names without "/" in them. You can avoid this problem by
> changing the JNDI name to something like "jackrabbit".

Thanks, that set me on the track to comment out the setting of the factory so that it instead
used the container's - which was what I really wanted in the first place. :)

But I still have a second problem, that a Spring config fails to see the name. Looking in
the Glassfish admin, it does not show the registered resource, only the ones defined in the
domain.xml file, i.e. JDBC resources mostly...

The config I use in Spring to look it up (from a Liferay portlet running on the Glassfish)
is:

	<bean id="jndi-repository" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean">
		<property name="jndiName" value="jcr/Jackrabbit" />
		<property name="proxyInterface" value="javax.jcr.Repository" />
	</bean>

- Tor Iver