jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Lock token not being added to session
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 08:53:39 GMT

> I am using Jackrabbit 1.6.1 and I have the following problem:
> I am locking a node (setting isSessionScoped to false) and store the
> lock token in order to be able to later modify/unlock the node from
> another session. The first time I login to the repository everything
> works fine and I am able to add the stored lock token to a new session
> and modify the node. However, when I close this session (with
> session.logout()) and open a new one I am not able to add the lock token
> to the new session (I call addLockToken on the new session and right
> after this call the session does not hold any lock tokens, so the lock
> token is not being added).

before calling logout on the initial lock holding session,
you should remove the lock tokens it helds. otherwise the
tokens cannot be added to another session. at least not in
the default implementation... in other words: you need the
lock tokens to be transferred (moved) to the other session.

regards
angela