jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Dennis van der Laan <d.g.van.der.l...@rug.nl>
Subject Re: Performance question when clustering
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 09:53:05 GMT
Thomas, others,
> The automatic sync is periodic (once every few seconds).
> Session.refresh() will force an immediate cluster sync. I'm not sure
> if the immediate cluster sync on Session.refresh() is a good idea, but
> that's how it's implemented currently.

Okay, I agree the choice to do a full cluster sync for every
Session.refresh() can be a poor one in some situations. But I guess
someone would like to avoid having to call ClusterNode.sync() from
custom code if needed, because of code-dependency on a clustered
configuration. A trade-off. But from your reply I may conclude the
automatic sync and the manual Session.refresh() have essentially the
same result?
>> - Why is a refresh more expansive when there are more cluster nodes?
>>
> This I don't know.

I meant 'expensive' and not 'expansive' :) But I guess you guessed that.
Should this be something you should know? Is it strange behavior? Or
might somebody else know why we see this effect?

Thanks,

Dennis

--
Dennis van der Laan, MSc