jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Workspace.copy() versus Workspace.clone()
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 15:55:31 GMT
ChadDavis wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 8:36 AM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@day.com> wrote:
>> ChadDavis wrote:
>>> I understand that clone() creates a corresponding node.  Does copy()?
>> did you already look at the API and the specification?
>>

> Yes.  And the specification seems confusing, so I asked on this list.
> In particular, the specification specifically references corresponding
> nodes, but in an unclear way, while discussing copy.
>
> "10.7 Copying Nodes
> Nodes can be copied from one path location to another within a workspace and,
> in repositories with more than one workspace, across workspaces (see §3.10
> Multiple Workspaces and Corresponding Nodes). A copy operation on a node
> copies the node and its subgraph. Properties cannot be copied individually.
> "
>
> I couldn't understand why the copy would reference corresponding nodes
> if it doesn't create corresponding nodes.  What is the purpose of this
> reference?

i'd say the reference is about "multiple workspaces" and not about
the corresponding nodes... in my version of the specification the
title of section 3.10 is now: Corresponding Nodes. while the
section you quote says: "see §3.10 Multiple Workspaces and
Corresponding Nodes"

so it's likely that the references is outdated.
honestly i don't see your problem.

angela