jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 1.6 and DavEx ?
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 07:26:17 GMT
hi john

> So my question is : is it possible to have a DavEx remote connection to
> a repository with the API 1.6 ?
> I tried to figure out by myself by browsing the docs and the list, but I
> couldn't find this information. I just saw the package spi2davex that
> gives me some hope.

when there is such a package it should be possible.
there are quite some issues fixed since then (-> see jira)
but apart from that it should work.

> If it's possible to do it, I would be glad to have a snippet of code to
> establish the connection. I've found it for the version 2.0 but I guess
> the Utils class used is proper to 2.0.

you can easily create the connection by manually creating the
jcr2spi Repository instance. something like:

String url = <your server url>;
final RepositoryService service = createService(url) // see below;
Repository repository = RepositoryImpl.create(new
AbstractRepositoryConfig() {
                     public RepositoryService getRepositoryService() {
                         return service;
                     }
                 });

private RepositoryService createService(String uri) throws
RepositoryException {
         BatchReadConfig brc = new BatchReadConfig() {
             public int getDepth(Path path, PathResolver resolver)
throws NamespaceException {
                 return 4;
             }
         };
         return new RepositoryServiceImpl(uri, brc);
     }

that code is copied from the test setup in spi2davex.
hope that helps
angela