jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Simon Gaeremynck <gaeremyn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NodeIterator.getSize() returns -1 for query with order by clause
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:47:32 GMT
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I'm having a similar issue.

I'm aware that according to the spec -1 can be returned (for various performance issues) and
that's all fine.
But I thought you would be able to get the amount of results when the result set count is
smaller then the
resultFetchSize you can specify for SearchIndex in the repository.xml ?

I've went trough SearchIndex and the QueryResultImpl classes and poked around a bit, but didn't
see anything that seems to do this.
As previously stated, an order by gives a correct number, but as it is possible that we might
have huge datasets at some point,
I really don't want to sort them.

This is also for doing paging, and we're already doing the "Page 1 of hundreds." thing, but
our UI developers are
complaining that it should be possible to get a count when they only get a small resultset.

Any thoughts ?

Regards,
Simon