jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Gadbury <gadb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: NodeIterator.getSize() returns -1 for query with order by clause
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 08:13:43 GMT

Hi Alex,

Supplying an order by constraint does not always solve the problem of
node/rowIterator.getSize() returning -1.

                select * from [my:order] as orders
                where orders.[orderStatus] = 2
                order by orders.[jcr:created] asc

The above query returns the correct amount of nodes BUT
nodeIterator.getSize() returns -1.

                select * from [my:order] as orders
                order by orders.[jcr:created] asc

The above query returns the correct amount of nodes AND
nodeIterator.getSize() returns the correct value.

So there are cases when supplying order by DOES NOT force a count.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding you.