jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit and web application
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:07:48 GMT
On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Dhrubo <dhrubo.kayal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Chad -
> some examples / source will be appreciated

The jackrabbit site has examples for all of this.  The remoting wiki
page is the best source for the remoting strategies, and the "same
JVM" method is well documented also, again there are several options.
They all make use of a servlet that is found in the jackrabbit-webapp
module; this servlet inits the repository and makes it available in
the servlet container.

> I guess embeded one is fastest but is there any data to prove it?

There's no network layer . . . I'm not sure you need data to prove
that it would be faster.  But if you need specifics, you'll probably
have to produce them yourself.  I'd be interested to see the numbers
you come up with.  I'm going to release my own numbers when we get
tests that would be meaningful to the community.