jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit MemoryManagement
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 16:06:47 GMT
On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 3:23 AM, Cech. Ulrich <Ulrich.Cech@aeb.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just running a mass test with some hundrets of thousends files (all have 15 properties),
very structured repo tree (no more than 2000 direct child nodes!).

> Everything works fine so long, but I see a very slight increasing of used memory.
> Every document storage ends with a "session.save()", so there are no transient changes
anymore. Every 100 documents, I do a little "break" and call System.gc().

> I see, that the used memory is hold on a certain value (some kb more and less) for a
yet long time (about 30-60 min.), then there is an increase of some MB, holding for next 30.60
min and so on.

> I did not change any cache settings, so the cache should only the 16MB (default values,
if I look exactly).

> Is this perhaps the index, which consumes more and more memory? Is there a setting to
limit the maximum used memory? I would solve this, so that the system does not crash down
with an OutOfMemoryException some days.

Are you talking about JVM memory usage, or just memory consumption on
the machine?  I ask because we had some recent tests show that the
network connections opened were not going away after they were through
being used.  But I think this went away in recent version.  Of course,
this is specific to my SPI/Davex networked setup.