jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit and web application
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 16:45:41 GMT
On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Ilya Skorik <ilya@skorik.me> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I plan to use jackrabbit in a Web application. Prompt, what strategy is
> necessary for selecting for the connection organisation to base?

There are many options.  Actually, it seems that a lot of people are
running the repository inside the webapp.  My team insists on a server
style deployment of the repository, and I found that the spi/davex
remoting is the most robust at this time; perhaps it's even considered
the preferred remoting method.

See:

http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/RemoteAccess

Note, there's an RMI method on that same page but it's considered to
lack production performance, and, in Jackrabbit 2.0, it's not even
fully implemented.