jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jacques Granduel <jgrand...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessing workspace other than default ?
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 14:32:31 GMT
Hi all,

tried on another configuration with no success!

I tried to remember why I ended up using the
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.WorkspaceImpl(W).createWorkspace("W2") method
so went back to google "JCR create workspace"
first link :
<http://jackrabbit.apache.org/frequently-asked-questions.html>The *JCR* API
does not contain features for *creating* or managing *workspaces*, so you
need to use Jackrabbit-specific functionality for *creating* new *workspaces
*. *...*
jackrabbit.apache.org/frequently-asked-questions.html

following the link...

How do I create new workspaces in Jackrabbit?

The JCR API does not contain features for creating or managing workspaces,
so you need to use Jackrabbit-specific functionality for creating new
workspaces. You can create a new workspace either manually or
programmatically.

The manual way is to create a new workspace directory within the repository
home directory and to place a new workspace.xml configuration file in that
folder. You can use the configuration file of an existing workspace as an
example, just remember to change the name of the workspace in the Workspace
name="..." tag. See the Jackrabbit
Configuration<http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-configuration.html>page
for configuration details. Note also that you need to restart the
repository instance to access the new workspace.

The programmatic way is to acquire a Workspace instance using the normal JCR
API and to cast the instance to the JackrabbitWorkspace interface. You can
then use the createWorkspace(String) method to create new workspaces.
I was misguided by the first paragraph... Who could update the FAQ?
thx
jgr