jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Eric Norman <eric.d.nor...@gmail.com>
Subject Wildcard search for authorizables
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 22:47:20 GMT
Hi all,

I am in the process of attempting to implement an auto-complete style
user/group picker for authorizables provided by the jackrabbit user
manager.  It appears that the implementation of
UserManager.findAuthorizables(..) always does an exact match of the property
value being searched.  For my use case I need a 'contains' match.

It appears that all the code is jackrabbit-core to do a non-exact match, but
it is not surfaced in the public UserManager api.

Please tell me if I have missed something obvious, but it seems like the
jackrabbit UserManager interface should have another variation of
findAuthorizables(..) that does a non-exact match.

I'm happy to provide a patch if there is agreement that this is the right
thing to do.

Thanks and regards,
-Eric