jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: XPath query with path constraint and same name siblings
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:38:36 GMT
On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 09:52, Gadbury <gadbury@googlemail.com> wrote:
> How do you mean by node graph?  Please would you be able to provide an
> example...?  Do you mean call getNodes() on the providerNode?

Yes. Navigational access in JCR is a very notable difference compared
to RDBMS. It is seen as the major feature, whereas search can be
considered as "optional" (yet very convenient for many use cases).
Just like in a file system.

> If so, how would I supply property or type constraints?

By looking at the properties while traversing ;-)

If the number of nodes is low enough (say less then a few hundred or
one thousand) and if there is no need for a more complex, "dynamic"
query, node traversal will be better, ie. more performant and
scalable. Especially if your content model is optimized for that (main
& read) use case.

Regards,
Alex

--