jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Read node auditing
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 17:32:11 GMT
On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 00:25, JOSE FELIX HERNANDEZ BARRIO
<jose.hernandez@isthari.com> wrote:
> I need to execute a piece of code each time a user read a node/property to
> keep a log of every access.
> I've seen Observation but it appears to be useful only for add/edit/remove
> operation.

Yes, there is no such feature in the JCR API. You have to do it on the
client side, or maybe build this into a custom access manager.

But the concept of read-auditing is new to me... and note that this
will generate a lot log output, since in many apps a node is often
fetched multiple times for the same "read-transaction"... Maybe all
you want is a login log?

Regards,
Alex

--