jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: getRootNode() takes 27 seconds...
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 11:20:54 GMT
2010/2/27 Fran├žois Cassistat <f@maya-systems.com>:
> Stefan,
>
> it seems that you are right.
>
> When using TransientRepository instead of jcr2spi, getRootNode() or getNode("/") is returned
in 13ms.

> Somehow, it's weird that I have this problem only with the root node. I was having this
problem without doing anything between getSession and getRootNode.

Depends on the tree. If you fetch the root node and spi fetches more
than one level, you might potentially include a lot of nodes, more
compared to a more deeper subtree.

If you are using spi2davex for the remote connection, you can change
the BatchReadConfig to not fetch deeper levels. See also
http://markmail.org/message/nzcbrf27b2edkbzr for some links.

Regards,
Alex

--