jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ross.Dy...@ipaustralia.gov.au
Subject Re: Jackrabbit and web application [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 03:52:15 GMT
I am building my application with the rar file (for easy replaceability
with JCR updates and encapsulation of all the necessary jars) and a web
application that supplies specific APIs (REST and SOAP) plus some nasty
jsp pages for drilling down through the repository to make sure things are
where they are supposed to be, to exercise the API for testing etc.

My application is much like an archive, stuff goes in and then gets
viewed, the only updates are more additions.  My API has only a few
possible calls.
I have thrown in 100K documents as a starter and it goes great.

Ross

Dhrubo <dhrubo.kayal@gmail.com> wrote on 30/03/2010 02:10:24 PM:

> From: Dhrubo <dhrubo.kayal@gmail.com>
> To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
> Date: 30/03/2010 02:11 PM
> Subject: Re: Jackrabbit and web application
>
> How about embedding the repository in an web app and exposing remoting
API -

<chadmichaeldavis@gmail.com>wrote:

> > On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Dhrubo <dhrubo.kayal@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > > Chad -
> > > some examples / source will be appreciated
> >
> > The jackrabbit site has examples for all of this.  The remoting wiki
> > page is the best source for the remoting strategies, and the "same
> > JVM" method is well documented also, again there are several options.
> > They all make use of a servlet that is found in the jackrabbit-webapp
> > module; this servlet inits the repository and makes it available in
> > the servlet container.
> >

> > > I guess embeded one is fastest but is there any data to prove it?
> >
> > There's no network layer . . . I'm not sure you need data to prove
> > that it would be faster.  But if you need specifics, you'll probably
> > have to produce them yourself.  I'd be interested to see the numbers
> > you come up with.  I'm going to release my own numbers when we get
> > tests that would be meaningful to the community.
> >

> > > ~ dhrubo
> > >
> > > On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:15 PM, ChadDavis
<chadmichaeldavis@gmail.com

> > is

> > set

Nabble.com.