jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Birmingham, Steven" <Steven.Birming...@itt.com>
Subject RE: NodeType creation
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 23:43:41 GMT
I built and added jackrabbit-core-2.0.0.jar to the build path, but JackRabbitNodeTypeManager
is still unresolved.  Yes, I was trying to do an evaluation on the standalone server.  So,
are you saying NodeType management in 2.0 is not available in the standalone server?

I will download the 2.0 war file and see if things work differently on Tomcat.  I am a little
confused as there is documentation on the 2.0 website for NodeType management but I guess
it is incomplete?

Thanks for your help,
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Guggisberg [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 1:30 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: NodeType creation

On 03.03.2010, at 19:01, "Birmingham, Steven"
<Steven.Birmingham@itt.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the response.
>
> JackrabbitNodeTypeManager is not on the class path either.  I have
> all the 2.0 jars on the class path.
> For jackrabbitNodeTypeManagerImpl I get three implementations on the
> classpath:
> //import org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.nodetype.NodeTypeManagerImpl;
> //import
> org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.nodemanagement.impl.jackrabbit.NodeTypeManagerImpl;
> import
> org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.nodemanagement.impl.jeceira.NodeTypeManagerImpl;
>
> Does NodeType registration work for you in 2.0?

yes

JackrabbitNodeTypeManager is included in jackrabbit-core, which is
missing from your dependencies list.

are you accessing a stand-alone jackrabbit server? if yes, you might
be out of luck since the said method is only available on a local,
i.e. embedded instance.

cheers
stefan