jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: UserManager peformance in 1.6
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2010 11:32:56 GMT
I guess this is related to  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2199
If it is the problem goes away in JR2
asking on dev.
Ian

On 5 Mar 2010, at 12:19, Ian Boston wrote:

> After doing some profiling, I think the reason is that where a user does not exist search
has to be used to verify that it does not exist prior to adding the user. Using Yourkit I
see about 55% of the time spent in the Lucene index performing a query triggered in UserManagerImpl.getUserNode(userId).

> I assume that this query is needed because user nodes can exist in many places in in
the repo under /rep:security/rep:authorizables so the path cannot be inferred from the username
?

> Was there some design criteria that made this necessary, and is there any way to avoid
the search on create.

> I think this search must happen in every session that hasn't seen the user before which
must be slowing almost everything where these isnt a pooled session down ?