jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From François Cassistat...@maya-systems.com>
Subject Re: number of results in a query?
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 20:52:16 GMT
Yes, like Rakesh said, it is from an optimisation (-1 means unknown).

When I really need the number of results, I add an "order by" clause to force in my query
and then, it don't returns -1 anymore. Be aware that it may be less efficient.

Le 2010-03-19 à 4:41 PM, Rakesh Vidyadharan a écrit :

> On 19 Mar 2010, at 14:50, Rodrigo Meza wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I am not sure if this is the right list to make my question, but I
>> didn't find a jcr-2 list. My problem is that queries in jackrabbit
>> sometimes return -1:
>
> I think there have been a couple of earlier posts on this issue.  I myself had to change
my JCR-1 code due to this issue.  IIRC JR people decided to optimise the results processing
by not iterating over the results and populating the size.  I ended up doing that on my end,
which hopefully was all that JR1 was doing.