jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: Versioning of node moves
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:50:32 GMT
Versioning depends on the granularity of your storage model.

In JCR you might consider taken the granularity down to paragraph level and then you could
version paragraphs including moves. This is what many CMS's do to enable ACLs to be applied
to subsections of a page.

Ian

On 26 Mar 2010, at 15:14, Mattison, Jacob wrote:

> I'm seriously considering recommending Jackrabbit as the repository for a current project,
which involves maintaining the content of hierarchical (chapters, sections, subsections) legal
document.  One of the nuts we've found hard to crack is versioning a change to the location
of a section - say I move section I.B to chapter IV.  Many repositories don't handle this
well - in Subversion, say, it would appear as a deletion from Chapter I and an insertion into
Chapter IV, but I'd really like to actually capture the move.  How would this work in Jackrabbit?
 I appreciate any pointers you can give.