jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: When should I use the Clustering feature?
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 12:33:13 GMT

On 9 Mar 2010, at 11:01, Niu, Xuetao wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I have two JEE applications using Jackrabbit2.0.0 deployed into the same
> server or different servers. But they are indeed using the same database
> persistence. Do I have to see this deployment as Cluster?

If you have more than one JVM making connected to a single Jackrabbit repository, then you
need to add the the Cluster configuration to the repository.xml on both JVMs (correctly configured),
ideally before the repository is started for the first time, see [1]. If the repository exists
you will have to find all repository.xml files in the local space associated with each repository
and manually add the appropriate configuration.

If you dont do this, the search indexes on each node will contain different information, and
all sorts of things will start acting strange.

HTH
Ian

1 http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Clustering