jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Cech. Ulrich" <Ulrich.C...@aeb.de>
Subject AW: Workspace - concept
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 07:54:46 GMT
Hi Chad,

that's a good statement and matters much to me. I am a friend of standarized usages (because
it's most economic). Thanks for that. And if workspaces are not designed for that, I won't
use them for that.

Best regards,
Ulrich

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: ChadDavis [mailto:chadmichaeldavis@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 17. März 2010 17:40
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Workspace - concept

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Cech. Ulrich <Ulrich.Cech@aeb.de> wrote:
> Thank you very much for the links. I knew already DavidsModel-Page, but it was a bit
theoretical, so I hoped, that I could get some "real-life" experiences of what would be the
right approach.

I don't know if this counts as a "real life" issue . . .   The
workspace usage you describe in #1 is clearly not a common practice in
the Jackrabbit community.  I've found that departures from the way the
community is using Jackrabbit can quickly lead you into a less
finished part of the software.  Perhaps this doesn't matter to you,
but my experiences with Jackrabbit are:

1) good software

2) the farther you stray from the standard community usage patterns,
the more time you can expect to spend figuring it out for yourself and
debugging