jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NodeType creation
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 10:45:58 GMT
On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 12:43 AM, Birmingham, Steven
<Steven.Birmingham@itt.com> wrote:
> I built and added jackrabbit-core-2.0.0.jar to the build path, but JackRabbitNodeTypeManager
is still unresolved.  Yes, I was trying to do an evaluation on the standalone server.  So,
are you saying NodeType management in 2.0 is not available in the standalone server?

no, that's not what i am saying ;)

i said that the method for registering node types defined in a CND or
XML format
might not be available on a remote client (such as jcr-rmi or jcr2spi).

said method is specified in the jackrabbit-api, which is an extension
to the jcr api.
the jcr 2.0 api does not provide a method for registering node types
declared in CND
or XML format. it only allows to build and register node type
definitions programmatically, see e.g.

http://www.day.com/maven/javax.jcr/javadocs/jcr-2.0/javax/jcr/nodetype/NodeTypeManager.html#registerNodeTypes(javax.jcr.nodetype.NodeTypeDefinition[],%20boolean)

you can use CompactNodeTypeDefReader (jcr-commons) to bridge the gap.
CompactNodeTypeDefReader allows you to parse a CND file returning
NodeTypeDefinitions
which can be registered using the jcr 2.0 api.

cheers
stefan

> I will download the 2.0 war file and see if things work differently on Tomcat.  I am
a little confused as there is documentation on the 2.0 website for NodeType management but
I guess it is incomplete?