jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Paco Avila <monk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: user management
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 08:11:26 GMT
The user synchronization is an ugly task, because we use JAAS and the
users may be stored in a Database, an LDAP or who-knows-where.

The second option (create my own AccessManager, LoginModule, etc)
seems too complicated to me because the scenario proposed is very
common in the Real World (tm) and should take a lot of job. But I
afraid this is the only way :(

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 8:32 AM, Cech. Ulrich <Ulrich.Cech@aeb.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> <Do I
> need to create an unser using the Jackrabbit API if I add a new user
> in the external user database?>
> I think there are two ways to that:
> 1. you have to manually create the users in Jackrabbit (and take care to have your external
DB users synchronized with the users in Jackrabbit)
> 2. Create your own AccessManager, LoginModule etc. which connects to external DB and
verify/manage the user managemant.

--
OpenKM
http://www.openkm.com