jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Paco Avila <monk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Get Path from Node
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 20:19:24 GMT
I have implemented my own AccessManager, does this method work? And
actually my code is not using jcr-2.0 but I plan to support it soon.

I'm not very happy with my own implementation of an AccessManager, but
in jackrabbit 1.4 there was no solution for this. And now, I found a
bit complex the new authorization API because is pooly documented. I
have readed the specification but some things like the user management
is obscure for me: how can I make use of this internal user management
if my user info is located in an external database?

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 8:52 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 8:19 PM, Paco Avila <monkiki@gmail.com> wrote:
>> myNode.getPath() returns an string, and I need a Path. I need to make a call to
>> boolean isGranted(Path absPath, int permissions)
>> from AccessManager and this requires a Path.
> Can you not use the AccessControlManager.hasPrivileges() method [1] for this?
> [1] http://www.day.com/maven/javax.jcr/javadocs/jcr-2.0/javax/jcr/security/AccessControlManager.html#hasPrivileges(java.lang.String,
> javax.jcr.security.Privilege[])
> BR,
> Jukka Zitting