jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Davide Maestroni <davide.maestr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recursive child versioning
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 09:45:21 GMT
Hi Alex,

what I see is that each time the file D (along with its data) is copied in
the new version of node A. I understand that no diff mechanism is employed
when applying COPY opv, so it is ok that the node B and all its properties
are copied in the new version of A (since B is not versionable and the COPY
behavior applies instead of VERSION), but I expected only the version ID of
node C to be copied, not the entire sub-tree. What happens instead, is that
on calling VersionManager.checkin(A) a new copy of the whole tree from A to
E is made.

In my use case I have hundreds of files under C, and changing a property of
A, and then creating a new version of it, may take several minutes.
Moreover, I can observe the size of the repository (i.e. the number of bytes
in the home directory) to quickly increase, each time of roughly the sum of
the bytes of all the files under C. And that is an undesired behavior. So
please tell me if I'm doing something wrong or my understanding of the
specifications is not correct.

Regards,

Davide