jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Davide Maestroni <davide.maestr...@gmail.com>
Subject Recursive child versioning
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 18:31:25 GMT
Hi all,

I have a question about the versioning as per JCR 2.0.
In my repository I have a vesionable root node with a few child nodes, each
containing a lot of files (let's say more than 200). I set the VERSION rule
for each child of the root node, which are in turn versionable nodes, while
the file nodes are of type 'nt:file'.
The problem is that each time I create a new version of the root, all the
files are copied even if not changed. That may take minutes, which is simply
not acceptable.
In my understanding of what written in JCR specs there is actually no way of
stopping the versioning at one (or any specific number) level of depth, and
even if I set a rule in the child nodes, so to ignore any further level, the
VERSION rule is applied to whole root subtree.

Is there any way to address this problem, so to be able to stop the
propagation of the versioning?
Is there anyone who had to cope with a similar issue and have already found
a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Davide