jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: Database configuration for Apache Jackrabbit 2.0.0
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 20:57:36 GMT
What does it do to query performance ?

IIRC Compass has a JDBCDirectory that stores the indexes in DB blobs, but last time I looked
(ok that was 3 years ago), the typical Lucene seek operation causes lots of network traffic
especially where the DB didnt support seek into a blob. (at the time mysql didn't).

The other problem might be that Jackrabbit does some odd things with the index to update it
without requiring readers to re-open, I cant remember what exactly.

Ian