jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to force TransientRepository not to shutdown when no active sessions?
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:53:53 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Joseph Ottinger <dreamreal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jukka, it might be a good idea for JackRabbit to have this as part of the
> actual package - I was wondering the same thing myself.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the actual package" here. Both
TransientRepository and RepositoryImpl are included in
jackrabbit-core, and the very purpose of TransientRepository is that
it automatically shuts down the repository when the last session is
closed. If you want more control over the repository lifecycle, you
can either use the empty session trick I mentioned or use
RepositoryImpl directly.

BR,

Jukka Zitting