jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: newbie: manual for learning jackrabbit
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 18:54:20 GMT
On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Fernando Wermus
<fernando.wermus@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>    I need to learn how to store data and retrieve it from a cms repository
> as jackrabbit. I cannot find any good book o documentation about. May some
> help me?

1) the jackrabbit "first hops" page is a very good introduction to the
API of storing and retrieving data from Jackrabbit

2) the JCR specification itself is a very productive read  -- IMHO,
the 2.0 specification is even better, in terms of writing, than the
previous version.

3) I have found that the lack of documentation most profoundly affects
understanding the deployment options, i.e. whether you will run the
repo in the same JVM as your application or whether you will connect
to it via a network layer -- the first hops avoid these details, but
don't answer these questions for you either.  In other words, you can
learn how to read/write, but you won't understand your deployment
options at all, just from doing the first hops.