jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: session.move issues
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 20:41:28 GMT
On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@day.com> wrote:
> hi
>
> i fixed 2 move/copy issues during the last couple of weeks:
> JCR-2472, JCR-2565

Not sure.  2472 is about an existing node throwing the
PathNotFoundException; in my case, it's the node that's now gone that
throws the pathnotfoundexception -- the question is, why is the
session.save() even handling that path.

2565 refers to internals that I'm unfamiliar with, and does not
provide specific information about the failing tests, such as how they
fail.

> can you please check if any of them is identical to your problem?
>
> btw... it would be more helpful if you would just provide a
> simple test-case illustrating the problem instead of a
> long description...

I'm open to advice on how to communicate better, but I'm not sure what
I can do in this case.  The code snippets in my ticket are quite
simple.  If you are referring to the accompanying narrative, I
apologize.  However, I could not think of a way to express this issue
in code alone, due to the fact that it doesn't just rely on the code
-- the move only fails on the second successive move of the node.