jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SQL2 join question
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 20:29:33 GMT
I've not used the sql query interface; I've been trying to use the
jqom.  So, I don't have any specific advise about hot to create an sql
query, but I may have some conceptual pointers that could possible
help.

A "join" is a join of two types of node types -- a node type being
equivalent to a relation/table in a RDBMS.  If all of your nodes are
nt:unstructured, then you aren't going to need a "join" in the
terminology of the JCR.  You'll just need a single selector, pointing
to nt:unstructured, and then some constraints about the the child node
names, and such.

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Birmingham, Steven
<Steven.Birmingham@itt.com> wrote:
> Can someone tell me how to do a SQL2 query including properties of a child node.  I
can't seem to get a join to work with unstructured node types.  Here is the graph structure,
forgive my syntax but it will server for a simple example.

> /parentNodes
>                /P0
>                :name (String)
>                                /childNode
>                                :name (String)
>                /P1
>                : name (String)
>                                /childNode
>                                :name (String)
> Etc...
>
> How do I construct a query to get all parentNodes with name 'Bob' and childNode.name
= 'Spike'.  Again, all node types are [nt:unstructured].

> Thanks,
> Steve

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this
e-mail in error please notify the sender.
> Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check
this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for
any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.