jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Mattison, Jacob" <jacob.matti...@yale.edu>
Subject Versioning of node moves
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:14:07 GMT
I'm seriously considering recommending Jackrabbit as the repository for a current project,
which involves maintaining the content of hierarchical (chapters, sections, subsections) legal
document.  One of the nuts we've found hard to crack is versioning a change to the location
of a section - say I move section I.B to chapter IV.  Many repositories don't handle this
well - in Subversion, say, it would appear as a deletion from Chapter I and an insertion into
Chapter IV, but I'd really like to actually capture the move.  How would this work in Jackrabbit?
 I appreciate any pointers you can give.

Jacob Mattison
Yale University