jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Justin Edelson <justinedel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessing workspace other than default ?
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 14:26:40 GMT
On 3/16/10 8:32 AM, Jacques Granduel wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> thank you for your answer.
>
> 2010/3/16 Justin Edelson <justinedelson@gmail.com>
>
>> Why are you using the Jackrabbit implementation classes? The *only* way you
>> should be creating a workspace is via the JCR API:
>> session.getWorkspace().createWorkspace("W2"). Using internal APIs for
>> something which can be done through the JCR API is unnecessarily
>> complicated
>> and will get you into trouble (as well as being non-portable FWIW).
>>
>> Do it the correct way and if you still don't see your newly created
>> workspace via WebDav, repost to the mailing list.
>>
> Well, I do it this way... because I'm learning and the first solution I've
> found is just a wrong one...
I'm just unsure how the first solution was an internal API and not a
line of code from the spec. It's an interesting result from a
findability perspective.

> That said, I tried out the solution you provided :
> session.getWorkspace().createWorkspace("W2").
> which of course created the workspace folder in the right repository folder.
> But it's still invisible in the browser through http://localhost:8080/serveror
> http://localhost:8080/repository...

What version of Jackrabbit are you using?
What persistence manager?
Is there anything relevant in the log files?

I'm using this same API call on a bit of code I'm working on now and
it's working for me with JR 2.0.0.

Justin

> Thanks for your help,
> jgr
>

>> Justin
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 7:48 AM, Jacques Granduel <jgranduel@gmail.com
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm new to Jackrabbit, and I'm exploring JCR specs with it.
>>> I've been able to create a new workspace
>>>
>>> //org.apache.jackrabbit.core.XAWorkspace
>>> W = session.getWorkspace()
>>> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.WorkspaceImpl(W).createWorkspace("W2")