jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: AccessManager changes in Jackrabbit 1.5
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 08:00:37 GMT
hi paco

Paco Avila wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@day.com> wrote:
>> Paco Avila wrote:
>>> There is a deprecated method
>>>
>>> -  isGranted(ItemId id, int permissions)
>>>
>>> And two new:
>>>
>>> - isGranted(Path absPath, int permissions)
>>> - isGranted(Path parentPath, Name childName, int permissions)
>>>
>>> I have some doubs: When are called the new method and when the old
>>> one? In my experiments, the only method called is the old one, so I am
>>> not sure if I need to implement the new one.
>> in jackrabbit-core i replaced all calls to the deprecated method
>> with a few exceptions. the problem with the deprecated method is
>> that it uses the deprecated constants from AccessManager and it
>> needs to convert the itemID to a path before passing it
>> over to the access control provider.
>
> Perhaps I'm wrong to my lack of sleep, but in my implemented
> AccessManager I always see calls to the deprecated methods. Perhaps
> the new methods are used with jackrabbit 1.6 ?

that might be... i don't know by heart which state of the
jsr 283 ac implementation was included in jackrabbit 1.5 or 1.6.
... both were intermediate states...

>>> Another question: wich is the difference between isGranted(Path
>>> absPath, int permissions) and isGranted(Path parentPath, Name
>>> childName, int permissions) ? I mean, when is invoked either one?
>> the second is just a convenience method.
>
> But when is called? I put traces in this method and didn't see it is
> invoked by anyone.

ah sure, that might be the same problem again. in jackrabbit 2.0
it is used in the BatchedItemOperations, SessionImporter and
in the ProtectedItemModifier.

regards
angela