jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: AccessManager changes in Jackrabbit 1.5
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 08:58:09 GMT
Paco Avila wrote:
> There is a deprecated method
>
> -  isGranted(ItemId id, int permissions)
>
> And two new:
>
> - isGranted(Path absPath, int permissions)
> - isGranted(Path parentPath, Name childName, int permissions)
>
> I have some doubs: When are called the new method and when the old
> one? In my experiments, the only method called is the old one, so I am
> not sure if I need to implement the new one.

in jackrabbit-core i replaced all calls to the deprecated method
with a few exceptions. the problem with the deprecated method is
that it uses the deprecated constants from AccessManager and it
needs to convert the itemID to a path before passing it
over to the access control provider.

> Another question: wich is the difference between isGranted(Path
> absPath, int permissions) and isGranted(Path parentPath, Name
> childName, int permissions) ? I mean, when is invoked either one?

the second is just a convenience method.

regards
angela