jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: user management
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 08:51:10 GMT
Paco Avila wrote:
>>>From jackrabbit 1.5 there is an user management feature, but Ipm not
> sure how to deal with this is I use an external user database. Do I
> need to create an unser using the Jackrabbit API if I add a new user
> in the external user database?

as of jackrabbit 2.0 the user management can be configured
with the security manager configuration.
with previous versions you have to provide you own implementation
of JackrabbitSecurityManager that exposes your user-manager implementation.

in any case: the access manager and access control evaluation
doesn't have a dependency to the user management at all.
in jackrabbit only the DefaultLoginModule and the
DefaultPrincipalProvider rely on the user management. that's the
default that was convenient for us...

but note: basically you don't even need to provide any user management
at all if your LoginModule (and ev. PrincipalManager) doesn't rely on
it and you don't need the ability to created users/groups with
jackrabbit.

hope that helps
angela