jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Illarion Kovalchuk <illarion.kovalc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to store randomly accessed data in jackrabbit?
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 11:08:45 GMT
Thomas Müller wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> we have to deal with big contents, from hundreds of megabytes
>> to gigabytes, and clients will work remotely
>> via internet, so they just can't get binary content as a whole, modify it
>> and upload again.
>>
>> Is there some other way?
>>

> You could split the file into multiple objects.
>
> Regards,
> Thomas

We will have to do so, if there is no other way. So, the question now
transforms to following: does JCR and Jackrabbit support calculated
Properties? I mean such properties, that could be:

1) while reading: calculated on the fly from other properties
2) while writing: not stored, but perform some code on other properties.

--
With best regards

Illarion Kovalchuk, COMODO Online Backup.