jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From erich oliphant <erich.oliph...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems unregistering node types
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 03:19:28 GMT
Hi,
I am a new Jackrabbit user, I've gotten thru a good bit of the basics, now I
am attempting to start working on my custom node types.  I have a little
testing facade I built that clears (the non-jcr:system) nodes and refills
the repo with some test nodes each time i start the app.

I managed to register my first custom type and I'm trying do the same thing
with my custom types, delete and reload them, on each run while I'm getting
them figured out.  When I call NodeTypeManager.unregisterNodeType(or Types),
I get a jcr exception "not yet implemented".  For the moment to get around
this I am just deleting the entire repository between runs but it's a little
tedious.

Am I doing something wrong, is there a programmatic way to remove my custom
types?

Also, I noticed that the "JackrabbitNodeTypeManager" used in the examples on
the site has been deprecated in favor of the JCR NodeTypeManager.  Are there
any examples around of it's use?  It's registerNodeType(s) functions take
NodeTypeDefinitions and I can't figure out how to get them constructed from
my CND file.

Thanks In Advance,
Erich

--
Erich Oliphant

"There are, in fact, two things, science and opinion, the former begets
knowledge, the latter ignorance"
-- Hippocrates of Cos