jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Rakesh Vidyadharan <rak...@sptci.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 1.5 License not free? for Debian/Ubuntu inclusion
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:12:24 GMT
I believe it is supposed to work both ways...

http://benramsey.com/archives/what-the-gpl/

Rakesh

On 12 Mar 2010, at 08:17, Ian Boston wrote:

> Really ?
>
> Last time I did an Debian install it included Apache Httpd which IIRC is ASL.
>
> However you are right about compatability, just the other way round.
> IANAL, but I think including a ASL license in the GPL bundle is just fine. Including
a GPL license in a ASL bundle is not fine as ASL is not viral.

> Perhaps I am missing the point.
> Ian
>
> On 12 Mar 2010, at 11:11, Rakesh Vidyadharan wrote:
>
>> If Debian/Ubuntu is GPL v2, then they cannot include JackRabbit either.  AFAIK GPL
v2 is incompatible with the ASL.  GPL v3 is compatible, so you will need to check that as
well.

Rakesh Vidyadharan
President & CEO
Sans Pareil Technologies, Inc.
http://www.sptci.com/

| 100 W. Chestnut, Suite 1305 | Chicago, IL 60610-3296 USA |