jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Will Scheidegger <willscheideg...@mac.com>
Subject Once again: Case insensitive sort ("order by") with Xpath or SQL
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 09:00:01 GMT
Dear Jackrabbit users

Yesterday I was bitten once again by Issue JCR-952. When you try to do a case insensitive
sort like

/jcr:root/some/xpath//* order by fn:lower-case(@foo)

you will get an error message instead of the nodes in the correct sort order. Apparently in
JCR2 with JQOM this should be possible... but I thinks that many of you JCR1 users have been
faced with this problem before. Therefore I would like to ask you to vote for a fix or - if
you know more about the inwards of Jackrabbit - help by providing a patch. THANKS!

Regards,
-will