jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Juerg Meier <...@proxymit.net>
Subject Re: persistent event listeners
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 10:42:18 GMT
On Tuesday 02 March 2010 06:22:34 Thomas Müller wrote:
> Hi Juerg,
>
> What is your use case?
>
> For Jackrabbit 3, I would like to add more features in this area (for
> example listeners that are called before changes are stored, and
> persistent observation listeners). But so far it's just an idea.
>
> Regards,
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I need a mechanism that generates different renditions on adding subnodes
(e.g. a file) to a certain node (e.g. folder type). Typical scenarios may be
rendering of thumbnails or producing a PDF rendition say out of a CAD file.

Such a mechanism is found in most DMS systems, i.e. such a rule is given once
to a certain folder, and then always executed until it gets explicitly
removed (likely many server restarts later). Important notice: this
happens "real time" on the fly, as opposed to the journaling feature in JCR
2.0 pointed to by Jukka.

So, looking forward to 3.0 ;)
-- Juerg