jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Niu, Xuetao" <Xuetao....@fiserv.com>
Subject RE: How to disable Lucene in Jackrabbit2.0.0?
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 15:23:32 GMT
I want to disable it because the IndexMerger sometimes logs error
messages saying Directory broken, and the starting-up time keeps growing
by adding more versions into the repository (which I suspect has
something to do with Indexing).

On 11 Mar 2010, at 15:17, Niu, Xuetao wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I removed the <SearchIndex> tag from the configuration file hoping the
> Indexing won't happen.
>

> But I still got log messages from IndexMerger in a separate thread:
>

> [2010-03-11 16:14:46,128] [abbit-pool-1] INFO  IndexMerger - merged 43
> documents in 32 ms into _1x.
>

> If I do not use the query API at all, can I totally disable Lucene?

IIRC no.
Queries are used elsewhere in the core of Jackrabbit, so disabling will
break those things.
Why do you want to disable it ?

Ian