jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From mrbahr <tom.greg...@earthlink.net>
Subject Creating New DataStore (extending)
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 18:17:36 GMT

Hi,

I need to create a new type of data store that interfaces with a
scaleable/reliable file store.  I'm looking at extending the DataStore
interface, but really can't figure out how it is used.  Can anyone please
point me in the right direction so that I can write a new plugin?

A few questions off the bat.....

In the addRecord method, a stream is provided.  The documentation indicates
that if an identical stream exists, then that stream is returned.  How do
folks implement that?  I certainly would not want to compare this stream to
all existing one's, especially given there could be millions.  Any thoughts
on this type of implementation?

I am guessing that the difference between getRecordIfStored and getRecord is
that getRecord throws an exception if the record does not exist.  Correct?

How does garbage collection affect (or work with) the DataStore.  What are
the suggestions for allowing entries to be deleted?  If the client uses
WebDAV, there is a delete method that deletes the entry.  I assume that it
marks the item as unused and then garbage collection cleans it later.  How
is the item removed from the data repository?

Thanks for your help.

Tom