jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Gadbury <gadb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: XPath query with path constraint and same name siblings
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 11:56:10 GMT

Hi Alex.  Thanks for your reply.

I first get a given provider node by node uuid.  So, it isn't always the
first provider (but the problem lies with the returned path of the first
provider node (or any first SNS node) ).

Once I have the node I use providerNode.getPath() to help construct the
XPath query's path constraint.  The trouble is that the path of the first
same name sibling is ../provider and not ../provider[1].

I have put in a piece of code that appends "[1]" to the path constraint if
pathNode.getIndex() == 1, but this seems nasty.  Shouldn't getPath() for the
first provider return ../provider[1] and not ../provider ? Is this a bug?

Thanks again.  Kind regards,

James