jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Gadbury <gadb...@googlemail.com>
Subject XPath query with path constraint and same name siblings
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:34:40 GMT

Hi,

Consider the following example repository structure:

[URL=http://img192.imageshack.us/i/repostructureexample.png/][IMG]http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/3504/repostructureexample.png[/IMG][/URL]

...and the following XPATH query:

QueryManager queryManager = jcrSession.getWorkspace().getQueryManager();
String queryString = "/jcr:root/root/providers/provider//element(*,
atl:account)";
Query query = queryManager.createQuery(queryString, Query.XPATH);
QueryResult queryResult = query.execute();

The idea is to retrieve all account node types under a given provider node;
the first provider in this case, ignoring the other two providers accounts.
The trouble is, my query is returning all accounts for all providers.

Is this a problem due to same name sibling nodes?  Should the path to the
first provider be provider[1]?  I have tried different varieties of path
constraint syntax (for exact, child nodes, descendants...) with no success.