jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Justin Edelson <justinedel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Register CND file via configuration file
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2010 04:57:46 GMT
I can try... Does James still use Avalon? Been about 8 years since I
used it.

Basically, you just need a component of some sort which loads on
startup. I just threw out a servlet, but it could be a pojo which is
initalized by whatever IOC container is being used (assuming there's a
container of some sort).

In terms of jcr-rmi, I assume you're aware of the performance caveats.
Have you looked at davex?

Justin

On Mar 21, 2010, at 9:46 PM, Norman Maurer <norman@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Justin
>
> could you give me some more details about the servlet stuff? I want to
> use JCR inside JAMES to store Emails, so there is no Servlet
> Container...
>
> At the moment we ship with an embed Jackrabbit instance but my hope
> was to be able to allow the easy usage of an external Jcr Repository
> via jcr-rmi.
>
> I will readup on sling
>
> bye
> Norman
>
> 2010/3/21, Justin Edelson <justinedelson@gmail.com>:
>> If you already have the code, why not wrap it inside a serlvet's init
>> method?
>>
>> Also, you might want to look at Sling, which supports the automatic
>>
>> Justin
>>
>> On Mar 21, 2010, at 3:59 PM, Norman Maurer <norman@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Thx
>>> for the response... Sadly this makes it impossible to use jcr-rmi