jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Fabián Mandelbaum <fmandelb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR query command line client
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:53:29 GMT
Hello again,

yes, I need to connect to a JCR repository, but it's not remote, it's
local, I was thinking on being able to provide the path to the repo
folder for example, and have the shell login onto it with its login
command.

What I'm trying to do is to write a repo migration tool (old repo
structure to new repo structure for a given application, where I know
exactly what changed from one repo to the other) and I was wondering a
tool like jcr-shell would be of much help. I could write the JCR code
to add/remove/change nodes 'by hand', but having a 'generic' tool
(like jcr-shell) would make things much simpler: I was thinking on
having a script like migrate.sql and input that script to the JCR
'interpreter', jcr-shell in this case, and have the repo migrated in a
very simple way.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help! I'll keep investigating.

--
Fabián Mandelbaum
IS Engineer