jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Guo Du <mrdu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: performance
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:45:18 GMT
On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com> wrote:
> You can't improve that much by configuration. It depends on your
> content model and queries. The fastest query type is when looking for
> specific property values (eg. @property='value') or node types via
> element(*, my:nodetype) (which resolves to the same property lookup in
> Lucene internally), or using fulltext lookups (jcr:contains). Path
> steps are not optimized.

Just curious that is there any performance difference between query
languages: xpath, sql, JCR-SQL2, JCR-JQOM?

> I use jackrabbit 1.6.0 on mac os X on my application. I'm running a few
> stress tests on my application right now. I just got a few performance
> problems and I'd like to change my configuration to get optimal performance.
> So, here I got few questions:
>
> * To achieve optimal performance may I use some DatabasePersitenceManager,
> FileSystemPersistenceManager or there's another one wich is good for optimal
> performance? Of course I can't use in memory in this case.
> * I didn't find any example of repository.xml configured to get optimal
> performance. Do you guys can send me any link or example file?
The default repository configuration is already very optimized: embed
derby + file store. You cannot get better performance by using remote
db such as mysql.

> using RMI or something like this. It spends much time saving, and less time
> performing queries to see if a node exists or not before saving. Most of the
Write to disk is much expensive than read in general, so it's
expected. Repository is best for content system, assume most action
are read operation, hope your stress test reflect the read/write
radio. You could aggressively improve read performance by add a cache
layer in your application if applicable.

-Guo